“I was so impressed with Julie’s broad knowledge of India’s suppliers from the largest trader of sequins in the universe!!!! to the smallest little merchant in Old Delhi Markets selling those gorgeous coloured stones to embellish the most lux of garments. It was just very, very exciting!
I now have an even bigger appreciation of ethical and sustainable clothing after visiting Fiona Wright and seeing her clothing workshop in Pushkar. Meeting the women who embroidered the recycled silk saris really put all the students and myself in the big picture that will inevitably influence the way we all do business in the future.”
Teacher – Computer Aided Design. Applied Fashion Design & Technology
“The recent trip India with the TAFE group was an unforgettable experience. It has broadened my perspective of the industry in which I have gained valuable relationships with different people and have acknowledged what can be achievable for future designs. It was amazing to learn traditional techniques such as block printing, fabric dying, embroidery etc. which has enhanced my appreciation for the industry. I’m so grateful to have gone on this trip as it has helped me gain confidence with all aspects of my final range for TAFE. Thanks so much, loved it!”
Bec Dallas. Fashion and Technology, Ultimo
Thank you to Robyn Beeche and UTS staff/students for sharing your photos
Tour Terms & Conditions
Our tours are tailored to the individual or university wishes, so please email us and tell us what you are looking for and we will quote accordingly.
Terms and Conditions
Making a booking and placing a deposit implies you have read and agree to all points in this disclaimer. Please read carefully.
The tours are organised by Artisan Culture and partners. While all care will be taken to ensure your safety, security and that a good time is had, no legal responsibility is undertaken by Artisan Culture or our partners. You must ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property or baggage or for any injury, illness or death or for any damages or claims however caused arising directly or indirectly from accidents, loss or damage to person or property, delays, transport failure, strikes, wars, terrorism, and uprisings or acts of God etc.
Deposits and Payments
- Places on the tour will be confirmed by payment of a deposit. The deposit will be used to start the booking process of internal flights (as needed), hotels and transport. Once these payments have been made your deposit is non-refundable.
- The balance of the payment must be made no later than 6 weeks prior to departure.
- Late payments can not be accepted as there are deadlines for internal flights, rooms and etc.
- If numbers are insufficient, and this necessitates the cancellation of the tour, your entire deposit will be repaid in full.
We like to offer a family feel to our tours, so where possible we book out B&B’s and elsewhere traditional Haveli’s with comfortable accommodation with western toilets. While not five star, they are full of character and creativity.
- Cost is calculated on a twin share basis
[ask about the single room supplement – if that is what you desire].
Refunds and Cancellations.
- If you need to cancel your booking after you have made a deposit prior to the date of final payment [2 months before commencement of tour] an administration fee of Au$200 will be withheld.
- If you need to cancel after the full payment date 50%or $500 [whichever is greater] will be non-refundable.
- Costing for the trip is based upon the number present so if for any reason you need to cancel your booking please pass this information along immediately.
- If it is possible to fill the spot (often not easy) a refund of the balance can be made- please check out travel insurance to cover these circumstances.
- Please consider your schedule carefully before booking -as we are a small group numbers are important.
- Refunds can not be made for parts of the itinerary participants choose not to participate in, or for changes to the published itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control. The trip has been carefully planned but on occasions delays may occur and alternative arrangements need to be made in individual circumstances
- It is very important to arrange Comprehensive Travel Insurance to cover the whole time of your trip.
- Please make sure you cover personal accident, medical expenses, repatriation if injured or taken ill and losses if you need to cancel your place.
Passports and Visas
- Passports need to be up-to date and valid for the 6 months after the trip.
- Participants are responsible for this.
- A visa is required for many locations, the appropriate forms can be downloaded from the Internet, or can be arranged when organizing your ticket through your travel agent.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining medical advice to suit their needs before travel. It is suggested you consult your GP before departure and have with you enough items to cover all your medical needs during your stay OS.
- You are fully responsible for obtaining adequate medical advice and implementing it before the trip.
- You need to be fit enough for sightseeing, we are onto and off the mini-bus through out the day, some of the monuments we visit are large so you need to be able to manage a few kilomteres at a gentle stroll and the odd flight of stairs.